Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Preparing for New Attitude

The New Attitude conference, in Louisville, Kentucky, is only days away. While I am feverishly working to complete my Clubhouse deadlines, my excitement for the conference is growing. I just received an update e-mail that said 2,200 people will be attending! I’m looking forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones.

I attended many of Joshua Harris’ seminars when I was a home school student in Washington State. I also interviewed him while I was a student at Multnomah Bible College (If you’re in the mood for a hearty read, check out the article I wrote about Josh for The Voice.) I will interview Josh again at NA — this time regarding the church.

During the past few months, I’ve spent some time enjoying Carolyn McCulley’s blog, which is absolutely brimming with grace, wisdom and wit. I can’t put into words how excited I am to meet Carolyn. I hear we will be spending some time at Starbucks.

I will also chat with Mark Dever, Justin Taylor and Bob Kauflin. Each holds a unique perspective on the church.

I feel privileged to have the opportunity to glean wisdom from each of these thoughtful, godly individuals. I will also be attending the general sessions and some breakouts, as well as helping man (or woman) the Boundless booth.

I will be blogging while at the conference, so check back May 27-31 for the inside scoop on what's happening at NA. You can also visit the official New Attitude Web site for pictures and blogs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

Suzanne, I'm so excited you're able to attend NA! I was only able to attend one year (2004), but loved it. I'm looking forward to reading your blogs entries.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Can't wait for your interviews and posts!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Suzanne, I love how at the end of your article about Josh Harris it says, "Suzanne Hadley hopes to someday write for Focus on the Family." Isn't it cool to see how God has brought that to fruition? :-)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I know, Sarah! The first time I re-read that article, I blinked in surprise. I knew I had always had Focus in the back of my mind, but I didn't realize I stated it...when I was a sophomore!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Sacha said...

Hey Suzanne- I don't know you, but I know Danielle (she and her husband were my caregroup leaders at one point). I am excited that you will be covering New Attitude. I'll be there! I am very excited for this time away! I'll be praying for you!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home